The Manage My Account tool can be used to Add or Remove someone from multiple notebooks simultaneously in your LabArchives account.
In a notebook that you own, click your name on the top right and select "Manage My Account." - as is shown below:
When you click this, you will be brought to the Manage My Account tool. This will display a table showing everyone who has access to at least one notebook under your ownership. An example of this is shown below:
At the top left of the page is the name of your account (an example image is shown below). You can change the account name at any time by clicking the pencil icon to the right of your name.
Across from the Lab name is information on users of your notebook.
Each of these links provides counts of people who have access to your notebooks:
- All People: Displays the total number of people that have access to your notebooks.
- Members: Displays all non-Guests (Users, Administrators, and the Owner) under your account.
- Guests: Displays all Guests under your account.
- Purchase Seats: This button takes you to a form that will allow you to purchase additional seats for your Subscription.
Remember that each Member takes 1 seat in an account. Guests, however, do not require a seat.
There is also an icon-based color code that indicates the role of the given person:
- A green icon indicates a Guest
- A purple icon indicates a a Member (User or Administrator)
- A blue icon indicates the Owner
On the far right for each person's row, there are three more items (going from left to right):
- A drop down menu indicating that person’s role in your account
- The trashcan button. Clicking this removes the person from all notebooks under your account
- The Notebook button. Clicking this displays all notebooks under your account to which the person has access
Adding people to your account
You can quickly find a specific person in your account using the Search Bar. To display any recent changes in the Manage My Account tool, click the Refresh button. To add a new person to your account via the Manage My Account tool, click on the Add Person button, and input this person’s email address.
If you do click the Add Person button, you will see a window that looks like this:
Add the email address in the Person's email field.
- Select your desired role for this person in the Role drop-down menu.
- Select the notebooks to which you want this person to have access. You can Select all or check individual notebooks.
- Click on Add Person button at top of page when you are done making your selections.
Remove a User through Manage My Account
You can remove the person from all notebooks you own in one step. Find the name of the person you want to remove from your notebook(s) and to the right of the person’s name is a trashcan icon.
NOTE: This will remove the person from ALL of your notebooks. If you want to remove them from a specific notebook, learn how to do that here.
NOTE: If a user has a pending witness, they can not be removed from the notebook. For more information about witnessing, Click Here.
Manage My Account Settings
This feature also allows you to manage account settings for the notebooks that you own. You can find this setting on the right-hand side gear icon.
There are a few options that you have:
- Show content from my notebooks in notification emails - This control allows you to show or hide content from notification emails. To learn more about this, click here
- Allow copying from my account to notebooks in another account - This control allows users who have access to your notebooks to copy data into a notebook that you do not own. To learn more about this feature, click here
- Office Document Editor - This gives you the option to choose the Office Document Editor used in your notebooks. To learn more about the Office Document editor, click here.