8.17 Transfer your email address to another account.
Posted by Johan Isoz on 26 May 2017 03:56 PM
If you already have two or more existing LabArchives accounts with different email addresses and would like all your information to be under one account, you can simply change the email addresses.
For example, a student has used a personal email address for LabArchives but needs to use their institutional email address for LabArchives and the second account has already been created. Instead of transferring all the data from the personal email address LabArchives account to the institutional email address LabArchives account, the student can do the following:
1. Go to the account with the institutional email address.
2. After logging in, click on your name in the upper right corner and select "User Properties".
You will then see this window
3. Change your email to any non-existing email. This can be anything as long as it contains @ and ends with a dot (.) followed by an ending like us, com, or similar options. Just change your email address to literally anything that is not an email that is already existing in LabArchives.
4. Click Update to confirm.
5. Now log into your personal email address LabArchives account.
6. Click on your name in the upper right corner and select "User Properties".
7. Change your personal email address to your institutional email address and click Update.
8. Repeat step 2-5, and now you will be able to change your email to your institutional address.