When a lab member departs or you are done collaborating with a colleague and they no longer need access to your notebook, you have two options from removing them from your notebook so that they no longer have access to it:
Remove a User through Manage My Account
- You must be the owner of the notebook to use this option.
- You can remove the person from all notebooks you own in one step.
- Be sure to be in a notebook that you own (you should see a black check mark to the left of the title of the notebook in the drop-down list of notebooks under Notebook Navigator)
- Find your name at the top of the LabArchives screen and click on it to see menu options
- Click on Manage My Account
- Find the name of the person you want to remove from your notebook(s)
- To the right of the person’s name is a trashcan icon
- Click on the icon and you will need to confirm that you want to remove the person.
NOTE: This will remove the person from ALL of your notebooks. If you want to remove them from a specific notebook, please see the following option.
Remove a User through User Management
You must be the owner or administrator of the notebook to use this option.
1. Open the notebook that includes the person you want to remove
2. Go to the main menu (triple-bar icon in upper right-hand corner) and click "Notebook Settings".
3. On the 2nd tab from the top, chose "User Management".
4. Find the name of the person you want to remove from this notebook.
5. Click the trash can icon
6. You will need to confirm that you want to remove this person from this notebook.