10.06 SnapGene Integration
Posted by Katrina Vuong on 04 February 2020 11:36 AM
SnapGene (Version 4.2 and higher) has been integrated with LabArchives to enable users to directly export files from SnapGene into their LabArchives Notebook. Additionally, when a SnapGene file is opened from within your Notebook, it may be re-saved into the same Page from which
How to connect SnapGene to your LabArchives Account
You will be prompted to
Save a file to LabArchives
After connecting SnapGene to your LabArchives Account, you can open or save a file to LabArchives in the "File" Menu on the top left.
On the "Save to LabArchives Window" Select a page in your notebook and click "Save."
Then you will see this message that your file has been saved.
Open a file from LabArchives
After connecting SnapGene to your LabArchives Account, you can open a SnapGene file saved in LabArchives in the "File" Menu on the top left by selecting "Open file from LabArchives"
On the "Open from LabArchives Window" navigate to the file that you would like open and click "Open."
SnapGene Docs Viewer
LabArchives also integrates with SnapGene Server allowing users to view a preview of their files. This seamless integration will work right out of the box without requiring users to perform any additional actions.
1. To get started, upload a DNA file onto your page using the attachment feature or use the SnapGene desktop integration and save your file directly to your notebook.
2. A preview image of the DNA file will appear on your notebook. (Note: If you uploaded a file before February 6, 2020 your thumbnail will not generate a preview until you open it in the Snapgene Viewer and this will also improve your search results)
3. Hover over the file and then click on the eye (view online) button.
4. This will open up to the Snapgene Docs Viewer.
5. To view more details, hover over the Feature of interest.
Here’s a quick overview of what each button does in the Snapgene Docs Viewer:
Left side Menu Buttons:
Bottom Menu Tabs:
To learn more about SnapGene, please review their User Guide in the following URL: https://help.snapgene.com/m/user_guide/
Supported file types